I live in Southwest Michigan with my husband, John, and our yellow lab, Charlie.
I started professionally writing in 2000. It has grown by leaps and bounds for which I give God the glory. He is constantly at work in me, and gives me what I stand in need of when He calls me to do something…whether it is writing, speaking, directing a ministry, whatever. He is so faithful!
God’s kingdom purpose is important to me. If I can be of service to you, please contact me. God is always at work. There are so many “God things” that happen during the day, that it’s impossible to catch them all. I share with you some of the things I have caught from God.
- “When you introduced the topic of the Tabernacle, my heart quickened. Through much study of the OT in the language and The Land, I have come to appreciate any symbol of God’s presence. God used you to bring us into the Holy of Holies by demonstrating the importance of the progression and steps necessary to meet Him there.” Mary Okkema – Christ Memorial Church
- “Kathy, I spoke to after the presentation. The message was holy unto my soul. With all the tremendous care of the mission of Jesus Christ for each one of us, the oncoming darkness is suffocating as we see the fading of what we were so sure of in our faith. Then you speak out the divine hope and joy that we are Christ’s own being, the universal Body of the Bride. There hidden in the ancient tabernacle is the hidden message of who we are, like pure gold because of the cross of Jesus our very own Savior. Your message was a treasure for the soul. We are so blessed and thank you.” – Ann at Christ Memorial Church
- “Kathy is a very bright and wonderful woman with a heart for God. She really sought to understand the direction I was going with my book, and did everything to help me reach my goal. Kathy came up with very valuable analogies and ideas. Additionally, she is extremely well versed in the Scriptures. Kathy is excellent in finding grammatical errors, and improving textual flow of the material. I would highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for reasonable editing services with a Christian perspective.” Dr. Emily Edwards, Living Hope Publishing, Author of “Ready & Waiting” (A Biblical Approach to Singleness, Dating, and Preparation For Marriage), http://www.livinghopepublishing.com
- “Kathy’s creative gifts of writing, facilitating and leading groups are grounded in a spirituality which can best be described as faithful. Her quiet and gentle spirit provide a safe place for story and faith sharing. She is grounded in a life of prayer and brings her own experiences to her leadership. I especially appreciate Kathy’s wonderful sense of humor which she carries with a spirit of compassion and grace. It’s always a delight to work with her.” Ellen Ratmeyer, Coord. of Consistory Training and Ministry Services, Reformed Church in America
- “Kathy is a delight to work with and we have already hired her for another project. We highly recommend her!” Jamee Deruso, Rock Rite Entertainment
- “We are still in the ‘afterglow’ of the wonderful Spiritual Spa Day the women of our church experienced under your guidance and leadership…I can’t remember when such an event has had such fantastic response…women are still talking about it!” Mary Martha Melenday, Dir. of Adult Ministries, First Presbyterian Church
- “You have been such an incredible Rector! (Michigan Presbyterian Pilgrimage #7) Your gifts of leadership, compassion, and creativity have been so evident!” Roger Grandia, RCA Pastor